Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to make its footprint in Canada. We are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat and we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Chefs Plate and brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, and continue our mission to create human connections through food.
As our UX/UI Designer, you will drive the creation of innovative, effective and efficient design solutions for our web and mobile apps. It's your role to understand complex business requirements, personas and product features in order to produce information architecture, user flows, wireframes, beautiful user interfaces and style guides. Your will, above all else, fight for the user and constantly make our design and our processes better in an interesting, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Director, Product Management, you will be a part of our broader Technology team working closely with committed Product Managers, Data Analysts and Software Engineers to constantly improve and enhance the Chefs Plate experience.
What you will do…
- Improve the customer experience across our web and mobile products and platforms through the creation of best-in-class digital experiences focused on simplicity and functionality
- Work with product owners, data analysts and software engineers to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Ideate on end-to-end design solutions, providing information architecture documentation, user flows, wireframes and high-fidelity interface designs to ensure quality and speed of delivery
- Work as part of a dynamic Agile/Scrum team focused on providing constant business value through iterative improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to improve the customer experience of our website and iOS and Android apps, as well as the usability of our internal operations technologies
- Establish and maintain detailed usability and design guidelines for the software development team based on design trends, industry best practices and competitive benchmarking
- Support the continuous improvement of our tools, documentation and Agile/Scrum processes
What you will have…
- 2-4 years of hands-on UX/UI design experience with a mix of web and mobile products
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Design, related field or equivalent professional experience
- Fluency in best practices for web and mobile information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
- The ability to create highly detailed user flows, site maps, wireframes, screen prototypes, functional specifications and component guides
- Experience with prototyping and workflow tools such as Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, etc.
- Fluent in responsive design and mobile UX/UI
- Fluent in Material Design and Human Interface Design Guidelines
- Familiarity with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis and secondary research
- Collaborating with mobile and web application developers to ensure successful developmen
Why Work for Us?
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on Chefs Plate boxes
- High level of responsibility from day one
- The opportunity to rapidly advance your career
- Work with a diverse, high-performing and international team