Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to make its footprint in Canada. We are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat and we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Chefs Plate and brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, and continue our mission to create human connections through food.
Chef's Plate isn't just a food company, we're using cutting-edge technology and innovation to deliver an exceptional customer experience and drive operational efficiency. Our technology team solves new and exciting problems every single day and we're always on the hunt for passionate and talented individuals to join us.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will hold a key position within our backend team and work with the Director of Engineering. As part of our growing technology team, you will be:
- Working alongside the technology leaders in the company to plan technical strategy and direction for the business
- Designing, architecting, developing & deploying scalable backend services
- Providing mentorship and technical guidance to junior and intermediate members of the technology team
- Leading your own projects and initiatives within the team and across the business
- Deliver new backend services and improving existing applications as the business experiences growth and requirements change
- Design scalable application architecture with performance and reusability in mind
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the development process and team culture
- Ensure coding standards and standard methodologies are developed and implemented
- Help establish Chef’s Plate as a leader in the technology community
- Expert knowledge and understanding of PHP, OOP, and document-based databases such as MongoDB
- Experience building and extending PHP application frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony
- Extensive experience developing RESTful, performant and testable APIs
- Confident in the entire software lifecycle, including upgrading application frameworks and performing migrations
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Passion for TDD, performance optimizations and coding best practices
- Experience with ecommerce
- Understanding of containerized services (Docker)
- Familiarity with message-based queues, such as RabbitMQ
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps methodologies
- Desire to work with open source frameworks and to contribute back to the community
- A passion for food!
Why Work for Us?
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on Chefs Plate boxes
- High level of responsibility from day one
- The opportunity to rapidly advance your career
- Work with a diverse, high-performing and international team