Chefs Plate is currently the market leader in Canada’s expanding online meal kit delivery market. Based in Toronto, Chefs Plate has opened a Fulfillment Centre in Abbotsford where are our team of exceptional individuals is growing at a rapid pace! If you are fast-paced, enjoy a consistently evolving atmosphere, and have a passion for great food and good people, you may be a perfect fit for our team.
We are currently seeking a full-time Sanitation Associate who will report directly to our Sanitation Supervisor.
- Utilization of chemicals and cleaning agents to clean and sanitize processing area walls, floor, and equipment.
- Removal of debris from processing area.
- Use of garbage and sanitation tools and machines.
- Maintain plant safety
- Maintain a daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule.
- Provide back up support for other duties as needed.
- Understand and follow all food safety and general safety procedures
- Maintain detailed and organized reports regarding sanitation activities, deviations and corrective actions;
- Handle calibrations and maintenance of equipment throughout the facility (scales, thermometers, hand trucks, etc.)
- Familiarity with proper handling of cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-year sanitation experience in a food facility, to include chemical handling;
- Must have hands-on experience following SSOPs and a sanitation schedule;
- Familiar with HACCP Principles and GMPs;
- Experience working in a CFIA registered facility;
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation;
- Must be comfortable working in cold temperatures for long periods of time;
- Be familiar with proper use of cleaning chemicals prior to use.
- Open availability as the position requires rotating shifts, including occasional evenings, overnights and weekends.
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity for advancement with one of Canada's fastest growing Start-Ups