Chef’s Plate is a Toronto start-up that is redefining the way Canadians eat. We provide exceptional food direct to our customers online. Since launching late 2014 we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we're looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada.
This role is responsible for participating in the development and driving the Chefs Plate Quality Strategy; ensuring that the needs of our HACCP & Food Safety programs are upheld. The HACCP Coordinator maintains and monitors the Food Safety program and helps to drive continuous improvements in product, food safety and quality. This role provides support to the FSQA, Operations & Sourcing teams in relation to day to day operations and processes within our facility.
- Ensure HACCP System documentation is maintained and updated as required based on process and/or product changes;
- Conduct record and on-site verifications to ensure written program matches current processes;
- Assist with annual HACCP System Reassessment;
- Assist with gap analysis, internal and third-party audits;
- Lead monthly HACCP Team meeting and provide monthly HACCP System performance reports;
- Maintain a corrective action tacker of items identified by internal audits, process improvements, customer feedback and/or CFIA and other third-party inspections. Follow-up on status of action items;
- Work cross-functionally to develop processes and investigate the root cause of deviations;
- Create and implement a comprehensive training program;
- Support FSQA functions across a variety of shifts (morning, afternoon, evening, weekend);
- Other duties as assigned.
- HACCP certification (HACCP I & II courses).
- Post-secondary education in Food Science or a related discipline.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a food processing quality assurance role; preferably in a CFIA registered facility.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GFSI and GMPs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Windows.
- Exceptional communication and decision-making skills.
- Highly organized with a strong focus on detail and accuracy, able to quickly prioritize needs.
- Work effectively as an individual with minimal supervision or as a team member, as required.
- Forward thinking, always looking for new ways to meet business objectives
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity for advancement with one of Canada's fastest growing Start-Ups