Chef’s Plate is a Toronto start-up that is redefining the way Canadians eat. We provide exceptional food direct to our customers online. Since launching late 2014 we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we're looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada.
Reporting directly into the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible to support the facility operations team by implementing and recommending best practices for efficiency and improvement. The Production Supervisor provides leadership and guidance for all Team Leads and Associates while adhering to and enforcing all workplace guidelines regarding GMP’s, safety and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that productivity and quality goals are communicated to staff, are met or exceeded.
- Working closely with receiving, in ensuring timeliness of all requests
- Follow production schedule closely and communicate any issues regarding production flow to the Production Manager
- Monitors production processes, making adjustments to the production schedule as needed
- Analyzes team’s production measures, identifying areas to improve efficiency and cost management
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory and legal standards and requirements
- Provide support and guidance to Supervisors and Lead hands
- Document and track staff performance
- Completes health & Safety walk-throughs and documentation
- Ensure compliance by all staff of workplace safety procedures
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity, Job training and team meetings to ensure efficient and safe task performance
- Performs other related duties as required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of food Production experience in a Warehouse environment
- Knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP and OSHA.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing multiple tasks, projects and deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Must have a strong knowledge base in logistics and production requirements
- Proven ability to lead large teams in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to provide constructive feedback to develop team members
- Exceptional organizational, priority management and communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities and a get it done attitude
- History of driving results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated high levels of judgment, initiative and results orientation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other related field software.
- Ability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends – to meet the needs of a business
- Physical Environment: Production Supervisors are expected to stand for long periods of time, and/or complete repetitive tasks. This role entails bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying up to 40 lbs in a cold environment
- Opportunity for advancement with one of Canada's fastest growing Start-Ups
- Employee discounts on all Chef’s Plate weekly meals
- Opportunity to work with a highly engaged team
- A company culture that promotes out of the box thinking