Chef’s Plate is redefining the way Canadians eat. We built Chef’s Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better. Each week we send tens of thousands of customers the fresh, pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm. Since we began our journey, we have been blown away by the amazing customer response and have become the leading Canadian company in the expanding online meal kit delivery market. Since we have created our own direct to consumer e-commerce channel and farm to table supply chain, we have built a diverse and highly motivated team. As we continue to quickly grow our teams we are looking to find the best “A” Players to join us on the journey.
Chefs Plate is looking for an enthusiastic, food-loving Social Media Specialist whose role will be integral to our overall marketing team as it relates to content and social media marketing and building our brand presence across digital and social channels.
About the Role:
- Accountability for ownership of the social media, from execution and optimization across all Chefs Plate social channels.
- Ideate and create relevant and engaging content of various forms across variety of digital channels specifically social media and occasionally blog to support social strategy.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and being on top of trends in development of social media strategies and content that supports the brand and business goals.
- Cross functional collaboration with design, culinary, customer service, acquisition and marketing teams to ideate, build and execute great content
- Work with agencies and influencers to build relationship and strategy as well as integrate and amplify content.
- Tracking, analysis and reporting on marketing data and trends across social media for continual optimization and content ideation.
- Lead social media community management and social listening strategy and execution across all social channels
- Collaborate with key cross functional team, translators, suppliers and external partners as required to ensure content is accurate and relevant
- Post-Secondary education in marketing, journalism, communications or a related discipline or equivalent knowledge and work experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant Digital Marketing experience
- Excellent computer skills with thorough knowledge of social media channels including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube
- In- depth knowledge and understanding of online community platforms and best practices, with a passion for staying current on communications, social and content marketing trends
- Experience with social community management and social listening to engage the online community, positively build brand presence and thrive on creating the buzz to organically growing the social media following
- Strong experience in content creation (ideation, copywriting, editing and some video/design skills) and understand how to create engaging and relevant content for different digital channels, specifically social media and blog
- Understands how to execute content across channels with a consistent brand voice and adhere to brand guardrails.
- Solid ability to analyze, measure, report on metrics to optimize campaigns and experience with Google Analytics, Facebook insights, Sprout Social and more
- Understanding of graphic design principles and experience with video production and editing would be an asset in content creation.
- Strong understanding of or work experience in ecommerce.
- An enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and energetic attitude to contribute to a start-up environment
- Thrives in a dynamic, changing environment
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to manage timelines and balance competing priorities
- Ability to balance attention to detail and speed to market while managing multiple projects
- Flexible work hours
- Large opportunity for increased responsibility and growth in the company
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto (Duncan & Richmond), with easy access to transit
- Employee discounts on all Chef’s Plate weekly meals
- Work in a fun, dynamic and food focused environment with our culinary test kitchen in our office
At Chefs Plate, we’re building the leading online food brand in Canada. If you’re looking to get involved in the hyper-growth stages of one of Toronto's fastest-growing companies, then this role is for you!