Chef’s Plate is a Canadian start-up that is redefining the way Canadians eat. We provide exceptional food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014 we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we're looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada. If you are energetic, enjoy a consistently evolving atmosphere, and have a passion for great food, you may be a perfect fit for our growing Food Safety & Quality Assurance Team.
A Quality Assurance Technician is the first checkpoint in an effective food safety and quality assurance system. They are responsible for monitoring a variety of processes to ensure our customers have an amazing experience when opening a Chefs Plate box. You will report to our Food Safety & Regulatory Compliance Manager and will work closely with the Production and Receiving teams to uphold our food safety and quality standards at the production facility. This will involve quantitative measurements, environmental and product sampling, inspection of incoming raw materials and observation of the production process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work under strict food safety guidelines;
- Perform a variety of inspections, including Pre-Op, GMP and Receiving;
- Maintain detailed and complete FSQA records;
- Deliver FSQA training to new and existing associates;
- Ability to multi-task and work within a team environment.
- 1-2 years experience in a food processing facility;
- Post-secondary education in Food Science or a related field;
- Knowledge Food Safety principles;
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and local food safety regulations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Apple products.
- As we are working with fresh food, our facility is refrigerated; you must be comfortable working in cold temperatures for extended periods;
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, including afternoons and weekends.
Why join the Chef’s Plate team?
At Chef’s Plate, we’re building the leading online food brand in Canada. If you’re looking to get involved in the early stages of a fast-growing company, then this role is for you!