Chefs Plate is redefining the way Canadians eat. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better. Each week we send tens of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly portioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
Since we began our journey, we have been blown away by the amazing customer response and have become the leading Canadian company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. Since we have created our own direct to consumer e-commerce channel and farm to table supply chain, we have built a diverse and highly motivated team consisting of various verticals; Technology, Logistics, Marketing, Operations, Culinary, Supply Chain, Finance and Customer Support roles. As we continue to quickly grow our teams we are looking to find the best “A” Players to join us on the journey.
We're building a fulfillment center from the ground up, and we're looking for passionate team members to help us create an incredible customer experience and an amazing place to work! We are seeking an individual who thrives in a challenging, evolving work environment as our operations continue to grow. You will report to the Receiving Manager and will be responsible for receiving food items, identifying and resolving quality issues while working side by side with the Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance Team.
- Assist in receiving all food and non-food items daily using safety driven best practices
- Assist in completing weekly, monthly, and yearly inventories.
- Identify quality issues with incoming product and work collaboratively with the teams to ensure that only the best products are accepted into our facility
- Ensure proper documents( PO’s,Inter-Company Transfers, Invoices, Packing Slips) are used when receiving all products and ensure all documentation for receipts is filled out comprehensively and stored in a proper manner to allow others to access that documentation as required
- Report directly to Receiving Manager any/all discrepancies with inbound receipts (overages,shortages, incorrect sku’s) to facilitate correction as quickly as possible to minimize impact on production schedule
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment including food storage and non-food storage areas
- Work closely with the Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance team to ensure all products meet food safety standards and report non compliances to appropriate managers
- Work closely with the Production Management team to ensure all issues are communicated effectively to reduce deviations in production schedule
- Help Receiving Manager with delegating duties to frontline employees
- Assist Receiving Manager with SOP training and ensuring strict compliance to those procedures to ensure continuous improvement throughout the receiving process
- High School Diploma, post-secondary education preferred
- Computer skills(email,inventory management programs,data entry)
- Strong attention to detail; strong fundamental math skills
- 1-2 years’ experience in a high volume receiving role or high volume foodservice environment
- Experience working with produce is a benefit
- Experience working in a warehouse environment/shipping and receiving
- The ability to operate motorized hand trucks
- Forklift, Reach Truck or Stacker Operator license is ideal, but we will train the right candidates
- Clear and concise communicator, verbal and written
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Experience in a supervisorial role,specifically with regards to training and crosstraining of team members and
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- This role will require an open availability/weekend work to ensure supervision of receiving functions, as well as periodic evening and holiday work, as required to fulfill peak season requirements
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to handle exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without accommodation for prolonged periods of time
- Must be willing and able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours with or without reasonable accommodation
Why join the Chef’s Plate team?
At Chef’s Plate, we’re building the leading online food brand in Canada. If you’re looking to get involved in the early stages of a fast-growing company, then this role is for you!
- Flexible work hours
- Large opportunity for increased responsibility and growth in the company
- Employee discounts on all Chef’s Plate weekly meals
- Opportunity to work with a highly engaged team
- A company culture that promotes out of the box thinking