Chefs Plate is redefining the way Canadians eat. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better. We have been blown away by amazing customer response since beginning our journey in Toronto in 2014. In order to meet customer demand, we are expanding nationally with a brand new Fulfillment Centre in Abbotsford.
The Production Supervisor role is a very important role. Diligence and attention to detail are key fundamentals for this position. The production supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of the production floor. The Operations Manager will set production plans and processes, and then it is the production supervisors who will execute those plans.
- Morning team meetings everyday (outlining improvements needed and successes), also the current days stations and expectations, summary of last week’s customer complaints.
- Coordinate and schedule staff according by the number of staff allowed, set out by the Operations Manager.
- Ensure people are trained in the job they are performing.
- Ensure that Station set-ups and Packaging Set-ups are done prior to production
- Making sure all staff are punctual, and if give warnings to those who are not.
- Ensure that all employees are busy at all times
- Always think of new processes that could make production more efficient
- Spot check QC’s work (check some of the samples they have checked to ensure they did not miss anything.
- Packaging: Perform full inventory every Monday after delivery. Ensure that the staff do not touch packaging unless with the approval from the supervisor or QC
- Ensure that all second counts have been completed and Kit stations are set up with all their product.
- Keep attendance of all employees and ensure they sign in and sign out
- Keep the place organized and clean at all times.
- Ensure that staff take their breaks and lunch that they are entitled to.
Most importantly keep the process flow going and always use the current processes that have been set in place.
- Vibrant team environment
- Flexible work hours
- Free meal-kits every week