Chefs Plate isn't just a food company—we're using cutting-edge technology and innovation to deliver an exceptional customer experience and drive operational efficiency. Our technology team solves new and exciting problems every day, and we're always looking for passionate and talented individuals to join us.
Reporting directly to the CTO, the VP Data Science & Analytics is responsible for leading our data strategy, establishing the data science practice within the business, and driving the agenda of making Chefs Plate a truly information-centric organization.In this role, you will:
- Build the data science function from the ground up to provide data services across the organization using the latest technologies
- Recruit, hire and develop talent on the data science team
- Help us understand our customer and the business better to arrive at high-value insight and discover untapped potential
- Develop and deliver a data strategy to realize some of our biggest opportunities through advanced technologies, such as deep learning
- Establish a data science framework based on solid fundamentals (privacy, scalability, integrity, security, etc…)
- Support decision making and strategic business direction through ad-hoc analysis and insight
- Drive a culture of information-based decision making across the entire organization and provide the appropriate services to facilitate it (e.g. BI)
- Collaborate with engineering and other business functions to help deliver ongoing strategic efforts in CRM, product analytics, loyalty, forecasting, segmentation, etc.
- Proven track record in building a data/analytics function from the ground up
- Versed in predictive modeling and forecasting
- Experience with deep-learning algorithms; fluent in Python, advanced SQL skills
- Hands-on experience with machine learning, predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques
- Expertise in data technologies and platforms (visualization, pipeline, warehousing, BI, etc…)
- Experience in analytics for e-commerce, digital marketing, user behaviour, product analytics, business reporting
- Ability to plan and execute a long-term business data strategy whilst delivering short-term quick wins through a hands-on approach
- Strong verbal & written communication skills - must be able to communicate effectively at all levels and functions across the organization
- Performance-oriented - you’re able to establish a framework for setting goals and measuring them (for yourself and for your team)
- Leadership - you know how to inspire and drive a team toward success and influence others.
- Creative problem-solving ability. You solve problems and develop solutions creatively to deliver results for the business quickly and efficiently
Build a data science practice from the ground up using the latest technologies. Directly drive the growth of Canada’s leading online food business and have a meaningful impact.
Why Work for Us?
- Modern tech stack with interesting problems and challenges to solve
- Access to company health and dental benefits
- Downtown Toronto location close to TTC subway
- Employee discounts on all Chefs Plate weekly deliveries