About Chefs Plate
Chefs Plate is redefining the way Canadians eat. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better. Since we began our journey in Toronto in 2014, we have been blown away by amazing customer response and have become the market leader in Canada’s rapidly expanding online meal kit delivery market. We are looking for outstanding people to join our team and help us continue to grow our Etobicoke Production Centre.
As we grow – so do our employees. If you are energetic, enjoy a consistently evolving atmosphere, and have a passion for great food, you may be a perfect fit for our growing Maintenance Team.
Chefs Plate is looking for a Maintenance Technician Assistant to join our rapidly-growing fulfillment centre. In this role you will work with our Maintenance Team to perform and build-out the automation and preventative maintenance programs at our facilities, and work to ensure operation downtime is kept to a minimum. The ideal candidate will be focused on preventative, rather than reactive, maintenance and finding automated solutions for manual processes.
- Contribute to projects to improve efficiency using automation;
- Work with our Food Safety and Sanitation teams to ensure all automated equipment is meeting regulatory standards;
- Perform preventive/predictive maintenance of conveyance equipment using the appropriate job plans, procedures, and manuals;
- Train new hires according to training plan for machine operation;
- Conduct machine calibration and preventive maintenance activities;
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment failures and work along with Production for alternatives under downtime;
- Maintain and repair distribution center racking, walkies, power trucks, dock doors and perform repairs in the facility for a clean and steady operation
- Inspect facility on a periodic intervals for damage, fire extinguishers and exits to maintain our regulatory compliance and perform repairs as required.
- Assist and support facilities and maintenance projects, programs and initiatives
- Maintain and store department inventory, including spare parts and keep records documented.
- Must be able to troubleshoot servo drives, safety drives/relays photo eyes, relays, proximity sensors, solenoids and automated manufacturing machinery.
- Working at heights and Forklift license an asset.
- Post-secondary Education in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering Diploma or equivalent;
- 2+ years experience in maintenance and programming of automated equipment and warehouse automated conveyors;
- at least one year experience in a food processing or service environment;
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure;
- Strong understanding of PLC, troubleshooting techniques and ability to understand Electrical drawings;
- Skilled in using basic hand tools, power tools and measuring tools;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- Must have full open availability (Monday - Sunday) Rotating Shifts - Morning, Evening and Overnights
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to handle exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.)
- Must be willing and able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation.
- This position requires physical effort which entails lifting and repetitive movements.
- The work environment is cold working in freezer environment. Warm clothing is required.
- The noise level may exceed 90 decibels. Hearing protection is mandatory.
At Chef’s Plate, we’re building the leading online food brand in Canada. If you’re looking to get involved in the early stages of a fast-growing company, then this role is for you!
- Flexible work hours
- Large opportunity for increased responsibility and growth in the company
- Employee discounts on all Chef’s Plate weekly meals
- Opportunity to work with a highly engaged team
- A company culture that promotes out of the box thinking
- Competitive compensation plan