About Chefs Plate
Chefs Plate is a Toronto startup that is redefining the way Canadians eat. We provide exceptional food direct to our customers online. Since launching late 2014 we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we're looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada.
Chefs Plate is looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to join our rapidly-growing Operations team. In this role, you’ll support the Chefs Plate inbound and outbound shipping activities. You will be charged with guiding Chefs Plate complex logistics operations, working hand-in-hand with other members of our Operations team, Technology team, Strategic Sourcing team and Fulfillment Centers.
We are looking for a roll-up-your-sleeves person who obsesses over delivering measurable results and thrives in detail, organization and analysis, with the ultimate goal of reaching our customers more efficiently. This person must have a strong sense of urgency and be ready to solve problems within a limited timeframe.
You will ...
- Oversee the delivery network of Chefs Plate orders from our fulfillment centers to our customers
- Work directly with national carriers on a daily basis to manage volume forecasts
- Support the Fulfillment Center teams in developing, implementing and executing across a variety of strategic initiatives focused on increasing logistics efficiencies
- Partner with Customer Experience, Engineering, and Supply Chain teams to develop, launch and measure results from new logistics initiatives
- Build standard work for Fulfillment Centers to follow to ensure fast carrier turn-around and on-time customer delivery
- Partner with the fulfillment centers to plan and execute inbound/outbound shipping activities
- Work with the Technology team to identify shipping solutions and to build a freight scheduling solution for the Fulfillment Centers
- Collaborate with Customer Support to continuously improve the delivery experience and respond to delivery exceptions and requests
- Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions to a complex array of logistics challenges
- Ensure logistics solutions have built-in Flexibility and Robustness to elevate Service and delivery performance
- Assist in the building and development of local carriers
- Resolve any arising constraints, bottlenecks, and problems & thoroughly address complaints/service failures to improve overall Corporate Services rating
- Analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Produce, analyze various logistics and/or fleet performance metrics and use said metrics to develop improvement action plans
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance
- 4+ years of professional experience in logistics management and or operations.
- Background in Seasonal Products would be an asset.
- Supply Chain Certification of some type an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. -Good financial and business awareness. -Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- A solutions-oriented mindset. You power through and conquer the seemingly impossible.
- Some travel required
- Competitive salary structure
- Comprehensive benefit plan
- Discount on weekly Chefs Plate meals
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the fasting growing e-commerce companies in Canada
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great national exposure and team atmosphere