Chefs Plate is a Toronto startup that is redefining the way Canadians eat. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better. We provide exceptional food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we're looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Growth who will be responsible for driving customer acquisition, analytics and optimization of our marketing funnel. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven, disciplined, analytical marketer, whose focus will be to build a pipeline through effective acquisition marketing.
What will you be doing?
- Create and implement customer acquisition strategies & campaigns across key channels including paid online media, traditional mediums, and partnerships.
- Manage the overall strategy of SEO (search engine optimization), SEM (search engine marketing), Affiliate and referral marketing programs
- Leading the planning and implementation of the Chefs Plate acquisition program, including all aspects of campaign development, execution and measurement
- Manage performance marketing campaigns across key platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, LinkedIn, AdWords, Display and various Programmatic buys
- Manage a team of 2-5 employees to achieve expected ROI with an understanding of cost per acquisition, retention and lifetime value.
- Develop profitable promotions / trial strategies including targeting, offers, cadence and frequency.
- Manage and scale the team across different channels, providing support in their respective channels
- Develop a better understanding of our customer journey through attribution and other initiatives working closely with the Customer Lifecycle team to develop integrated marketing strategies and build a 360 strategy to delight our customer base
- Introduce online and offline marketing channels to boost customer acquisition
- Manage web analytics to provide in-depth analysis of website and channel performance through analysis of traffic, the conversion funnel, average order size, and ROI to make recommendations and implement strategies for improvement
- Work with Tech team to develop new landing pages, marketing content and A/B testing
- Manage cross-functional initiatives with the Tech, Product, Marketing and other teams to leverage and deliver in-house customer acquisition and channel optimization initiatives
- Stay abreast of the latest acquisition trends and present new company-wide acquisition initiatives to the leadership team
- 5-8+ years of online marketing experience, preferably within a startup, tech or internet company
- High level of familiarity and knowledge of E-commerce platforms & strategies
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to effectively turn reporting and analysis into actionable insights and execution plans
- You have experience in managing $5M+ annual performance marketing budget.
- Ability to develop and present a POV and implications based on data, and present findings across the organization
- Web Analytics experience (Google Analytics, Mixpanel or similar platforms)
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently
- High proficiency in Excel
- A true leader, able to build rapport with cross-functional teams and make sure tasks are executed in a timely manner
- Self-starter with the ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An enthusiastic, energetic attitude to contribute to a start-up environment
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. A go-getter with a "make stuff happen" mentality.
- A passion for what we do - calling all foodies (we highly recommend trying Chefs Plate and having some familiarity before interviewing)!
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto (Duncan & Richmond), with easy access to transit
- Large opportunity for increased responsibility and growth in the company
- Employee discounts on all Chefs Plate weekly meals