Chefs Plate is redefining the way Canadians eat. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better. Since we began our journey in Toronto in 2014, we have been blown away by amazing customer response. We are growing, with a brand new Fulfillment Centre in Mississauga to service surrounding area.
We are looking for outstanding people to join our team and help us to grow our Abbotsford fulfillment Centre. As we grow – so do our employees. If you are energetic, enjoy a consistently evolving atmosphere, and have a passion for great food, you may be a perfect fit for our growing Production team.
The Machine Operator position is key role in our facility. Diligence and attention to detail are key fundamentals for this position. This position is accountable for all the companies’ facilities; packaging systems and equipment are operating safely and in compliance pursuant to safety regulations and company operating standards.
- Review the daily production schedule.
- Ensure proper and safe operation of the equipment.
- Responsible for proper cleaning equipment.
- Continuously monitor and adjust the process based on upstream and downstream production needs.
- Ensure that the equipment has been properly cleaned before starting production
- Ensuring quality of products
- Ensuring proper and accurate set up
- Ensures production schedule is being followed at all times.
- Responsible to work in the role of general production worker when required.
- Responsible for documentation and administration reports.
- Responsible for maintaining work area is clean and free of hazards.
- Responsible for practicing and adhering to Food Safety, GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Health and Safety.
- Responsible for practicing and adhering to Chefs Plate policies and best practices.
- Must have open availability (Monday -Sunday) and work a variety of shifts including, Days afternoons and night shifts (each shift is 8-12 hours)
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy looking consistently for potential food safety or quality deviations
- Frequent lifting and bending and long periods of standing are required – may lift 49 lbs. on an infrequent basis
- Must be willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment (0° to 10°)
- Necessary skills to organize and plan and report.
- Necessary skills for verbal and written communication in English.
- Must be able and willing to move heavy equipment and materials for line set up, changes and operation.
- Necessary skills for working in a team environment.
- This position requires physical effort which entails lifting and repetitive movements.
- The work environment is cold working in freezer environment. Warm clothing is required.
Why join the Chef’s Plate team?
- Flexible work hours
- Large opportunity for increased responsibility and growth in the company
- Employee discounts on all Chef’s Plate weekly meals
- Opportunity to work with a highly engaged team
- A company culture that promotes out of the box thinking
- Competitive compensation plan