Chefs Plate is redefining the way Canadians eat. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better. Since we began our journey in Toronto in 2014, we have been blown away by amazing customer response. We are growing, with a brand new Fulfillment Centre in Mississauga to service surrounding area.
We are looking for outstanding people to join our team and help us to grow our Abbotsford fulfillment Centre. As we grow – so do our employees. If you are energetic, enjoy a consistently evolving atmosphere, and have a passion for great food, you may be a perfect fit for our growing Production team.
The Maintenance Technician position is key role in our facility. Diligence and attention to detail are key fundamentals for this position. This position is accountable for all the companies’ facilities; packaging systems and equipment are operating safely and in compliance pursuant to safety regulations and company operating standards.
- Contribute to projects to improve efficiency using automation;
- Work with our Food Safety and Sanitation teams to ensure all automated equipment is meeting regulatory standards;
- Perform preventive/predictive maintenance of conveyance equipment using the appropriate job plans, procedures, and manuals;
- Train new hires according to training plan for machine operation;
- Conduct machine calibration and preventative maintenance activities;
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment failures and work along with Production for alternatives under downtime;
- Maintain and repair distribution center racking, walkies, power trucks, dock doors and perform repairs in the facility for a clean and steady operation
- Inspect facility on a periodic intervals for damage, fire extinguishers and exits to maintain our regulatory compliance and perform repairs as required.
- Assist and support facilities and maintenance projects, programs and initiatives
- Maintain and store department inventory, including spare parts and keep records documented.
- Responsible for practicing and adhering to Food Safety, GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Health and Safety.
- Responsible for practicing and adhering to Chefs Plate policies and best practices.
- Post-secondary Education in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering Diploma or equivalent;
- At least one year experience in a food processing or service environment;
- Skilled in using basic hand tools, power tools and measuring tools;
- This position requires physical effort which entails lifting and repetitive movements.
- The work environment is cold working in freezer environment. Warm clothing is required.