About Chefs Plate
Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to establish its footprint in Canada. At Chefs Plate, we are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat and we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the top tier online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Chefs Plate and brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, and continue our mission to create human connections through food.
Chefs Plate is on the hunt for a creative and customer-centric Brand Manager to oversee our brand strategy, as well as content, PR and design. You and your team will be responsible for enabling all marketing efforts, ensuring our value proposition remains compelling and drives customer acquisition, retention and loyalty both online and offline. You will partner with cross-team stakeholders globally and locally to ensure Chefs Plate’s paid acquisition efforts and retention programs perform effectively.
In this role, you will:
- Lead ongoing brand strategy, working closely with the customer, product, and research teams (local and global) to translate insights into winning consumer campaigns
- Coach and develop the Chefs Plate brand team (graphic design + content)
- Work cross-functionally with performance marketing, product, and operations teams to continuously integrate consistent brand messaging across all touchpoints in the customer journey (social, ads, website, email, in-box, etc.)
- Lead creative development of all marketing assets across performance marketing channels (paid social, youtube, direct mail, etc) and brand touchpoints (packaging, website, etc).
- Manage the content strategy and copy development for all marketing materials
- Lead strategy & execution for all upper funnel marketing activities (PR, TV, OOH)
- Act as a key point of contact with marketing performance leads, tech product team, and culinary product team
- Own the brand marketing budget and be accountable for reporting on & adjusting it
- Relevant university degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field of study
- 3+ years experience in a brand marketing or communications role, ideally within packaged goods or an e-commerce environments
- Experience managing and coaching/developing direct report(s)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions and levels
- Experience building integrated marketing campaigns and managing upper funnel marketing channels (TV/OOH/PR/etc) from strategy, to media buying, to creative execution
- Strong learning agility and willingness to take on new challenges
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels and e-commerce trends
- Hands-on attitude & willingness to build marketing campaigns & assets from scratch. Achieves project goals while managing scope, time, quality and risk.
Learns from failures as well as successes
- Retail and/or ecommerce business knowledge and understanding of the typical KPIs that drive success
- Enjoys working closely in a matrix-organization with other marketing managers, copywriters, designers and data analysts
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items. Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, organized, self-starter and a great communicator
- Excellent organizational skills; strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- An enthusiastic, engaged attitude ready to energize and contribute to a start-up environment.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment.
- A go-getter with a "make things happen" mentality.
- A real passion for food is required!