About Chef’s Plate
Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to establish its footprint in Canada. At Chefs Plate, we are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat and we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the top tier online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Chefs Plate and brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, and continue our mission to create human connections through food.
We are looking for a contract UX/UI Designer who is passionate about creating user-centered solutions for our web and mobile products. As the second designer on a growing tech team, you will have the chance to research, ideate and design brand new experiences for one of the biggest meal-kit products in Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the end-to-end design process, from concept to final handoff
- Plan and conduct user testing to identify pain points and improvements in existing designs
- Create empathy maps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes for new product ideas
- Work with key stakeholders to rationalize solutions and be a champion for human centered design
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions
- Help contribute to a brand new design system for both web and mobile experiences
- Work closely with the Product Owner, Data Analyst and Engineering team to plan and execute your designs
- Has a degree or diploma in a field related to UX design, visual design or interaction design
- 1-2 years experience designing consumer-facing web and mobile experiences
- Have used design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, InVision Studio, etc.
- Solid understanding of mobile, responsive and adaptive design principles related to cross-device experiences
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- Interest in transitioning into a permanent UX/UI Design role at Chefs Plate
- Some basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- An enthusiastic, engaged attitude ready to energize and contribute to a start-up environment.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment.
- A go-getter with a "make things happen" mentality.
- A real passion for food is required!