Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to make its footprint in Canada. We are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat and we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Chefs Plate and brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, and continue our mission to create human connections through food.
Chef's Plate isn't just a food company, we're using cutting-edge technology and innovation to deliver an exceptional customer experience and drive operational efficiency. Our technology team solves new and exciting problems every day and we're always on the hunt for passionate and talented individuals to join us.
As a member of our technology team, the Front-end Developer helps to deliver software in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Translate UI/UX designs into working software
- Optimize applications performance
- Work closely with other teams to facilitate day-to-day operations of the business through technological solutions
- Focus on code quality, development of unit tests, and validation of implemented features
- Conduct code reviews with other members of the technology team
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the development process and team culture
- Provide guidance/mentorship for junior developers
- Opportunity to lead a team of developers
- 2+ years’ industry experience in front end development
- 1+ year experience with React, React Native, or AngularJS
- 1+ year experience with React State Management lib (ie. Redux, Relay, Nuclear JS, etc.)
- 6+ months experience with ES6 (ES2015)
- 2+ years’ experience with GIT
- 2+ years’ experience with REST API
Nice to Haves:
- 6+ months experience with Node JS
- 6+ months experience with Express
- 6+ months experience with Unit Testing Framework (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
- Functional Programming
- Google Tag Manager/GA
- Proud Geek
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and a willingness to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Passionate about code quality and development best practices
- An interest in UX best practices
- A passion for food!
We’re building the leading online food brand in Canada. If you’re looking to get involved in the early stages of a large business opportunity, then this role is for you!
- Downtown office location at Spadina and Adelaide
- Large opportunity for increased responsibility and growth in the company
- Work alongside other talented developers who are dedicated to their craft
- Have a real impact on a growing business
- Employee discounts on all Chef's Plate weekly deliveries