About Chefs Plate
Chefs Plate is redefining the way Canadians eat. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better. Since we began our journey in Toronto in 2014, we have been blown away by amazing customer response and have become the market leader in Canada’s rapidly expanding online meal kit delivery market. We are looking for outstanding people to join our team and help us continue to grow our Etobicoke Production Centre.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Chefs Plate and brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
Chefs Plate is looking for a Junior Automation Technician to join our rapidly-growing fulfillment centre. In this role you will work with our Production and Maintenance Team to perform the automation and preventative maintenance programs at our facilities, and work to ensure operation downtime is kept to a minimum along with routine production activities.
- Work with our Food Safety and Sanitation teams to ensure all automated equipment is meeting regulatory standards;
- Perform preventive/predictive maintenance of Packaging equipment using the appropriate job plans, procedures, and manuals;
- Ensure proper, safe operation of the equipment, accurate set up and responsible for documentation and administration reports.
- Conduct machine calibration and assist in preventive maintenance activities;
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment failures to ensure Production downtime is kept to a minimum;
- Continuously monitor and adjust the process based on upstream and downstream production needs.
- Maintain and store department inventory, including consumables and keep records documented.
- Responsible for Mixer responsibilities and following the Mixer processes when providing coverage.
- Responsible for practicing and adhering to Food Safety, GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Health and Safety.
- Responsible for practicing and adhering to Chefs Plate policies and best practices.
- Forklift license an asset.
- Post-secondary Education in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum one-year experience in a food processing or service environment/manufacturing industry;
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy looking consistently for potential food safety or quality deviations
- This is a physically demanding job which requires lifting of up to 50lbs, standing for extended periods in a refrigerated cold work environment
- Will be required to move heavy equipment and materials for line set up, changes and operation.