Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to make its footprint in Canada. We are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat and we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Chefs Plate and brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, and continue our mission to create human connections through food.
Chef's Plate isn't just a food company, we're using cutting-edge technology and innovation to deliver an exceptional customer experience and drive operational efficiency. Our technology team solves new and exciting problems every day and we're always on the hunt for passionate and hardworking individuals to join us.
We are looking for a Test Engineering Lead to build a strong automated testing culture within our Engineering Team. You will:
- Owning, maintaining and growing our existing CI/CD pipeline
- Designing and building scalable test automation solutions using existing tools
- Collaborating with developers to improve the quality of test cases, as well as increasing test case coverage
- Advocating for test-driven development mentality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a QA/test engineering role, with a strong focus in test automation
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with an automated testing software: Selenium, Jest, PHPUnit, Mocha etc.
- 2+ years of experience with a scripting language: Python, Ruby etc.
- 3+ years of experience in deploying/managing containerized solutions with Docker, ideally within the AWS ecosystem
- (Bonus) Experience with NodeJS/Express, MongoDB, PHP7
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and a willingness to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Passionate about code quality and development best practices
- An interest in UX best practices
- A passion for food!
We’re building the leading online food brand in Canada. If you’re looking to get involved in the early stages of a large business opportunity, then this role is for you!
- Downtown office location at Spadina and Adelaide
- Large opportunity for increased responsibility and growth in the company
- Work alongside other talented developers who are dedicated to their craft
- Have a real impact on a growing business
- Employee discounts on all Chef's Plate weekly deliveries