Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to make its footprint in Canada. We are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat and we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Chefs Plate and brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, and continue our mission to create human connections through food.
A Quality Assurance Technician is the first checkpoint in an effective food safety and quality assurance system. They are responsible for monitoring a variety of processes to ensure our customers have an amazing experience when opening a Chefs Plate box. You will report to our Food Safety & Regulatory Compliance Manager and will work closely with the Production and Receiving teams to uphold our food safety and quality standards at the production facility. This will involve quantitative measurements, environmental and product sampling, inspection of incoming raw materials and observation of the production process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work under strict food safety guidelines;
- Perform a variety of inspections, including Pre-Op, GMP and Receiving;
- Maintain detailed and complete FSQA records;
- Deliver FSQA training to new and existing associates;
- Ability to multi-task and work within a team environment.
- 1-2 years experience in a food processing facility;
- Post-secondary education in Food Science or a related field;
- Knowledge Food Safety principles;
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and local food safety regulations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Apple products.
- As we are working with fresh food, our facility is refrigerated; you must be comfortable working in cold temperatures for extended periods;
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, including afternoons and weekends.
Why join the Chef’s Plate team?
At Chef’s Plate, we’re building the leading online food brand in Canada. If you’re looking to get involved in the early stages of a fast-growing company, then this role is for you!