Chefs Plate is a Toronto startup that is redefining the way Canadians eat. We provide exceptional food direct to our customers online. Since launching late 2014 we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we're looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Culinary, you will support the team with recipe ideation & testing, ingredient sourcing and menu planning. The ideal candidate is adaptable, organized and has a strong passion for food and cooking. You will work hands-on and make a positive contribution to a growing food culture. Our ideal candidate has a passion for food, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is relentless in cultivating the best food experience for our customers. You are self-starter who is ambitious, and takes ownership of your work beyond your assignment.
- Create, test and taste recipes with innovative and accessible culinary approaches
- Maintain a strong focus on recipe testing while keeping the customer experience in the forefront
- Work collaboratively with the entire Culinary team, giving constructive feedback with a defined point of view
- Perform within the timelines of the expedited product development process
- Continual development and re-engineering of recipes with a strong view on recipe flow and execution
- Work cross-functionally with procurement, marketing, customer care and production to enhance the overall Chefs Plate customer experience
- Manage weekly ingredient shopping and sourcing for recipe testing
- Maintain a clean and organized environment in the test kitchen, including inventory
- Assist in conceptualizing ingredient and supplier spotlights
- Assist with special projects such as content creation and other opportunities
- Bachelor Degree or Culinary equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working in a product or culinary development team within the food industry
- Professional knowledge of cooking techniques, ingredients and flavour combinations
- Ability to juggle writing and cooking tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented team environment
- Self-starter with a can-do approach to problem solving and a drive to succeed
- Experience with menu planning and developing recipes
- Extremely detail oriented
- Maintains a creative, problem solving mindset
- Effective communicator with ability to present findings in a group setting
- A genuine passion for food and lifestyle-related topics
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently
- All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
- An enthusiastic, energetic attitude to contribute to a start-up environment
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. A go-getter with a "make stuff happen" attitude
- A passion for what we do - Cooking Made Easy!
Why join the Chefs Plate team?
At Chefs Plate, we’re the leading online food brand in Canada. If you’re looking to get involved in the future of food company, then this role is for you!
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto
- Opportunity for increased responsibility and growth in the company
- Employee discounts on all Chefs Plate weekly meals