Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to make its footprint in Canada. We are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat and we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth and we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the leading online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Chefs Plate and brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, and continue our mission to create human connections through food.
We are looking for a Designer with a passion for social media, email campaigns, digital marketing and OOH activations. You will be reporting directly to the Creative Director and working very closely with our Marketing Department on all of their creative needs. This position requires extreme attention to detail, an ability to follow brand guidelines, deep familiarity with digital design best practices, and the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Working closely with internal Marketing team to create all of their weekly assets
- Manage all documentation required for project execution
- Proactive and tight management of timelines and process execution
- Work with the Creative Design Lead on overall look and feel of the Chefs Plate brand
- 2 - 4 years’ experience working within the digital design industry
- Skilled in Photoshop and Illustrator (understanding of Indesign would be great!)
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Can make create animated gifs like a pro
- Can take a written concept and Art Direct / execute it into something amazing
- Has an eye for design and typesetting
- Can handle some photo retouching when needed
- Eats pixels for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Craves file management
- Understands the differences between saving artwork for digital vs print
- Can calmly and efficiently work in an agile environment as needed
- Loves having data to better inform their work (this is huge for us)
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto (Duncan & Richmond), with easy access to transit
- Large opportunity for increased responsibility and growth in the company
- Employee discounts on all Chefs Plate weekly meals