This role is responsible for participating in the development and driving the Chefs Plate Quality Strategy; ensuring that quality milestones and measures are reported and achieved. The Manager of Quality leads the management of the vendor portfolio to drive continuous improvements in product food safety and quality. This role provides management, leadership, coaching and mentoring to the Quality Assurance team regarding the achievement of talent management, team and direct report’s objectives, strategic planning, and risk management while supporting the Culinary and Strategic Sourcing teams internally.
- Promotes our vision of being a world leader in innovative product development as well as consistently delivering goods with exceptional quality.
- Has a thorough knowledge of and supports the investigation of the food safety and quality risks associated with products, through risk assessment, product evaluation, specification review and development, testing results evaluation and packaging assessment.
- Recognizes and escalates as needed, risk issues to improve vendor performance.
- Shares technical knowledge of products and vendors within the team and category – processing, raw materials, formulations and specifications, and packaging formats.
- Supports the NPD process ensuring new products meet food safety and quality requirements by leading and participating in risk assessment/technical review sessions.
- Reviews project concepts and ensures products meet requirements based on health and safety, company policies, functionality, store, and customer shelf life.
- Investigates and ensures resolution of customer complaints and quality issues and participates in situations involving crisis management.
- Generates QA reports and engages vendors to resolve issues within appropriate timelines.
- Drives continuous vendor improvements and conducts vendor risk assessments making recommendations for Performance Improvement Action planning where required.
- Supports the talent management process and ensures the engagement of quality team members.
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring to achieve objectives and shared values.
- Identifies, supports and leads training opportunities.
- Supports the planning and implementation of the SQMS initiatives.
- Has knowledge of distribution and handling of products within Supply Chain; understands retail environment and makes recommendations where applicable.
- Makes decisions while demonstrating understanding of risk and business impact.
- Builds and promotes effective collaborative relationships with other members of the business vendor community including companies with strategic partnership with Chefs Plate.
- University education or equivalent in a food science discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ related work experience (preferably in the food industry)
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP and GFSI and its application in food industry
- Work effectively as an individual with minimal supervision or as a team member as required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized with a strong focus on detail and accuracy, able to quickly prioritize needs
- Strong judgement and decision making skillls with a strategic decision-making approach to business interests.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and to focus on business bottom line.
- Passionate about our control brand products
- Influential and engaging
- Shows leadership in all situations and role models best practices every day
- A natural mentor and coach
- Energetic and Hard working
- Forward thinking, always looking for new ways to meet business objectives
- Opportunity for advancement with one of Canada's fastest growing Start-Ups
- Employee discounts on all Chef’s Plate weekly meals
- Opportunity to work with a highly engaged team
- A company culture that promotes out of the box thinking